If you are a hard-core beach lover whose love for marine animals, exotic tropical paradise and underwater adventures knows no bound, you’re in for a treat. Why sit idle at home when you can explore some of the enchanting islands in the country? Believe us when we say India is no less than a Pandora’s Box. There are exquisite coral reefs in India that are sure to give you lifegoals. These islands are awaiting your arrival, so why not embark on a laid-back vacation this summer and head to these spectacular islands to get some inspiration?
After all, all you have to do there is explore the wonders of the underwater world and marine life, swim your way to shallow depths of water, see fish swimming right before your eyes and capture the heart-stirring corals in the deepwater of the sea. Who knows you might even get a glimpse of marine species and creatures like dolphins, sea-horse, sea-cucumber, Dugong and even sea-turtle? Here are the best Islands in India worth exploring once in a lifetime.
Also known as the doorway to Lakshadweep Islands, Agatti is a chain of small islands lying on the southwest coast of India that presents a breathtaking spectacle of sparkling coral reefs, crystal clear turquoise blue lagoons, lush green coconut trees and white sand beaches. The scenic beauty of Agatti Island gives a tough competition to some of the well-known islands in the world. Every nook and cranny of the island is rich with vegetation and beautiful geographical formations that are bound to please one’s eyes. The island is a perfect coral vacation destination in India to spend a laid-back time basking in the sun under the clear blue sky and enjoy simple pleasures of life. If you are tired of your sedentary life in the city, Agatti Island is the only destination to escape the chaos and revel in nature’s lap.
- Things to do at Agatti Island: Stroll on the beach and watch the sunset, watch small fishes dance around colorful corals, go for snorkeling, scuba diving, kayaking, water skiing, and other underwater adventures.
- Best time to plan your vacation: You can visit Agatti Island anytime between March and October as weather conditions remain pleasant throughout this period.
Kadmat Island justifies being called ‘the emerald isle’ of Lakshadweep Islands. Surrounded by lagoons, sun-kissed beaches and tiny sand dunes, Kadmat Island is a gorgeous place to spend a quiet vacation away from the noise and crowd. The view of the sea from beaches alone would take away all stress from your life and rejuvenate your body, mind and soul. Kadmat is a popular nesting spot for marine turtles. Like Agatti, it also offers plenty of water sports for adventure seekers where they can have some fun time splashing water, diving deep into the water, relish fresh coconut juice, and soak the stunning landscape of the serene island. Kadmat in true sense is a jewel island of India to spend holidays the way you want it to be i.e. adventurous or quiet.
- Things to do at Kadmat Island: You can go for sports such as kayaking, scuba diving, snorkeling, deep-sea fishing or watch colorful fishes playing around corals, turtle enjoying swimming, dolphins doing somersaults and enjoy truckload of surreal views.
- Best time to visit: Between May and October since weather conditions are favorable for water sports during this period.
There is a popular saying among tourists who visit Andaman Islands that ‘if you haven’t explored Neil Island, you haven’t really seen Andaman’. Neil Island is truly a tropical island that will give you the feeling of being crash-landed in Moana’s Island. The panoramic view with lush green vegetation, virgin beaches, palm trees scattered all over the island, lively coral reefs, eye-popping geographic formations and crystal clear water are enough to take your breath away. Also called the ‘vegetable bowl of Andaman’, Neil Island is an ideal spot to spend a relaxed time away from the bustling cities.
- Things to do: Swimming, cycling, snorkeling, water sports, game fishing, scuba diving etc.
- Best time to visit: February to October
Chetlat Island is a tiny and only-inhabited island of the township of Amindivi subgroup of islands of Lakshadweep Islands. The inhabitants of islands are majorly involved in farming and fishing. Talk about the best Islands to enjoy ‘me’ time surrounded by the blissful and calm atmosphere and enjoying underwater paradise involving corals, colorful and vivid marine animals, and adventures of another level, Chetlat Island beats all other islands in the country. The island is less crowded than the rests which makes it the ideal destination for developing a deeper connection with nature and find inspiration from simple things in life.
- Things to do: Sun-bathing, meditation by the sea, scuba diving, water skiing, snorkeling, swimming, fishing, watching sunrise and sunset etc.
- Best time to visit: May to December is the ideal time to explore the nook and crannies of Chetlat Island.
Havelock is best known as ‘honeymooner’s heaven’ since a vast majority of newlyweds visit the island with an aim to spend quality time amidst nature which isn’t possible in cities. Havelock Island is the best place to mingle with nature and enjoy heart-satisfying views. It is the most well-connected islands in Andamans and boasts of thick vegetation, sparkling turquoise water, divine blonde beaches, coconut trees, utterly gorgeous scenic views that strike a chord with your heart. The romantic aura of Havelock and naked beauty of the island makes it all more interesting and heart-soothing. Havelock Island is without a doubt one of the most spectacular islands in India to visit.
- Things to do: Explore Radhanagar beach, trek to the Elephant beach, watch fascinating coral reefs, scuba dive to see marine creatures frolicking around, watch breathtaking view of the sunset, capture insta-worthy moments, test your snorkeling skills, etc.
- Ideal time to explore Havelock Island: May to November is the best time to enjoy beauty of Havelock at its peak. Avoid travelling to Andaman during monsoon.