The year is about to end and you might be thinking why bother visiting places and spending money when you can simply sit back and binge-watch movies, order food online and host a house party. While there is nothing wrong with the idea, it still seems pretty clichéd and boring. If you are scared of budget or adventure, then this is the right time to plan to trip for the New Year celebration and welcome it with open arms. Budget-conscious people now no longer need to worry about travel plans as these amazing places for New Year are worth spending every penny. Celebrate the arrival of New Year with fun and frolics as these inspiring places will give you a memory of a lifetime. Don’t be a couch-potato and head to these New Year destinations in India to experience another level of thrill and merriment.
Kasol is the most approachable and budget-friendly destination to celebrate the New Year. With challenging weather conditions and dramatic landscape, it is one of the top places preferred by adventure junkies. The tiny hill station is tucked amidst the mountains with river Parvati free-flowing through the valley. If you wish to celebrate New Year in the lap of nature, Kasol is the perfect place to be. Capturing the picturesque tall mountains, glistening streams, misty fog, villages surrounded by abundant greenery and nature in its unspoiled form is a dream come true for any photography enthusiasts.
- Estimated Budget (per head): Between INR 4000 and INR 6000
- Average temperature: 3°C to 21°C
- Places worth visiting: Naggar Village, Malana Village, Jim Morrison Café, Manikaran Sahib, Hot Water Spring.
- Things not to miss: Nature walk, Café-Hopping, Trekking, Sightseeing, Party, Bonfire, Photography.
- Where to stay: The Hosteller, Wood Rose, Homestays and The Rainbow Inn.
If you get excited hearing about snowfall, then you’d love celebrating New Year in Manali. The wee town is considered the best New Year party destination in India tempting hippies and wanderlusts from across the country to indulge in the most-happening New Year parties. No matter you’re a fan of trekking or not, the magical charm of Manali in December is unlike anything you’d ever encounter. With so many enthralling and adrenaline-pumping activities you can enjoy with your friends, this instagrammable place will make you lose track of time.
- Estimated Budget (per head): Between INR 5,000 and INR 8,000
- Places worth visiting: Hidimba Devi Temple, Manu Temple, Manali Wildlife Sanctuary.
- Average temperature: -9°C to 5°C
- Things not to miss: Sightseeing, Bonfire, Snowfall, New Year Bash.
- Where to stay: Zostel, The Hosteller, Normadic Nest, Madpackers Hostel, YOLO Backpackers.
Talk about places to celebrate New Year in India, Goa goes synonymous with fun, adventure, booze and never-ending parties. The place is loved by all for its animated nightlife, casinos, pristine beaches, greenery, cleanliness, safety and cheap luxuries of life. With the year coming to an end, it’s the best time to plan a short trip to Goa with your friends and immerse yourself in the spirit of celebration. Every day is a party in Goa but on New Year’s Eve, the vibe of Goa is special and worth experiencing. There is dancing, singing, DJs, parties and so much more. Moreover, you get to click fabulous postcard pictures of Goa during this time of the year. Why think of going abroad to enjoy the beginning of the New Year when you can do the same in Goa and that too under a budget? The contrasting calm sea on one side and vibrant nightlife on the other are an absolute treat to the eyes.
- Estimated Budget (per head): Between INR 12,000 and INR 15,000
- Places worth visiting: Aguada Fort, Basilica of Bom Jesus, Calangute Beach, Candolim Beach, Baga Beach, Harvalem waterfall.
- Average temperature: 21°C to 33°C
- Things not to miss: Sightseeing, Beach-Hopping, Party, Shopping, Water Sports, Biking.
- Where to stay: Oyo Residency, Moradia dos Quadros, Shubhankar Heritage.
Mumbai is one of the best New Year destinations in India where you can get tipsy and dance till your feet hurts. Mumbaikars don’t forget to celebrate the arrival of New Year with a bang. There are fireworks throughout the night, sky-lanterns, parties, DJs, awestrucking dance performances that simply will make you go wild and free. Mumbai comes alive at night but on New Year’s Eve, the view of the city is something beyond comprehension. The hypnotic glamour of New Year’s Eve in Mumbai shouldn’t be missed in this lifetime. Exclusive events where Bollywood stars give commendable performances must be witnessed once.
- Estimated Budget (per head): Between INR 15,000 and INR 20,000
- Places worth visiting: Adlabs Imagica, Marine Drive, Sula Vineyards, Elephanta Caves, Taj Hotel, Gateway of India, Haji Ali Dargah.
- Average temperature: 19°C to 32°C
- Things not to miss: Camping, Party, Live Concerts, Standup Comedy Open Mike, Shopping, Wildlife Safari, Adventure Sports, Bollywood Set Visitation, Trekking.
- Where to stay: Qubestay Airport Capsule Hostel, Horn Ok Please Mumbai Hostel, Zostel Mumbai, Four Seasons (lavish)
The ‘Switzerland of the East’, Gangtok celebrates New Year with equal zest and fervor like any other place in India. Surrounded by majestic hills, greenery, dense forest, thick fog and vivid landscapes, Gangtok is the best destination for celebrating New Year in the midst of nature. Bonfire, lively parties, appetizing cuisine, dancing and singing are the coolest way to enjoy New Year in Gangtok. Even if you aren’t interested in these, you can simply bask the beauty of nature and spend New Year in the warmth of nature. Gangtok has everything to keep you occupied and enjoy the celebration without worrying about anything. It’s a great place to spend ‘me’ time away from the sedentary and busy lifestyle in the cities. New Year is the time you need to chill and relax. So take a break, head to Gangtok and unravel all that nature has to offer.
- Estimated minimum budget (per head): between INR 10,000 and INR 15,000 including transportation charges.
- Places worth visiting: Tsomogo Lake, Rumtek Monastery, Tashiding monastery, Do Drul chorten, Hanuman Tok, Nathu LA pass and Tashi Viewpoint.
- Average temperature: 4°C
- Things not to miss: Trekking, Sightseeing, Adventure Sports, Mountain Biking, Cooking and Shopping.
- Where to stay: The Mighty Garden, Alpine Village Resort, Hotel Pinewood, Valley Vista Resort, Mayfair Spa And Resort (Expensive But Luxurious).