We all want excuses to get away from our busy schedule and be in a place where we can relax a little bit without worrying about future. While we know that work is an important part of our life, there is no denying to the fact that we human require a break to revitalize once in a while. If your family is worried about your workaholic tendency, then it’s a sign from nature that you need to take a short break. How about you give them a surprise and take your family on a vacation that will not only free your workaholic soul but give you ample of time to bond with the loved ones? Sounds amazing right? But no, it isn’t as easy as it looks.
It is easy to get confused with thousands of options for places to visit with family. To ease this confusion (that is bound to happen while making plans), we have sorted a list of 8 places to visit where you can enjoy your holiday with family. Be sure to check them out and add to the bucket list because they indeed are the perfect family destinations.
For a colorful and vibrant weekend getaway or a fun-filled vacation with family, Jaipur is an ideal place to visit. The pink city of Rajasthan is popular for numerous forts, dal bati churma (local cuisine), authentic stone jewelry, handicrafts and bandhni fabric. It has some of the popular picnic spots where you can enjoy quality time with your family and make amazing memories.
In the imperial city of Jaipur, you can experience the rich traditions, culture and heritage of the state. You can enjoy the majestic architecture of the palaces and forts in the city. There are so many options for all that you won’t be able to resist a second trip to the city in the near future.
- Places to see: Hawa mahal, Amber palace, Jantar mantar, Albert hall museum, Nahargarh fort, Jal mahal, Sheesh mahal, Raj mandir cinema, Man Sagar Lake.
- Things to do: Sightseeing, Elephant/Camel ride at Amer fort, boating, shopping, relish local cuisine, watch movie at Raj mandir etc.
- Places to shop: Johri bazaar, JDA market, Tibbati market, Tripolia bazaar, Nehru bazaar, and Bapu bazaar.
Manali, Himachal Pradesh
Are you seeking a budget family vacation? Then Manali is your one-stop destination where you can take your family and create everlasting memories. The breathtaking and enchanting landscapes of Manali will make you forget the hustle and bustle of cities. There are tons of water sports and adventurous activities for kids and all to enjoy your trip to Manali. You can buy souvenirs such as- antique items, unique artifacts, shawls, cap, woolen clothes and wooden showpieces from different markets. Don’t forget to indulge in the local delicacy called “mittha” when staying in Manali. Rohtang and Solang valley are the places that must be seen in order to experience the raw beauty of nature.
- Places to see: Hidimba Devi temple, Mall road, Manu temple, Manali sanctuary, Bijli mahadev temple, Jogini falls, Rohtang, Solang valley.
- Things to do: Trekking, River rafting, Sightseeing, Skiing, Paragliding, Zorbing, Hiking and Mountaineering.
- Places to shop: Mall market, Khara bazaar, Manu market, Tibetan market.
Shimla, Himachal Pradesh
Shimla is one of the most sought-after family destinations in India. Popular as a winter holiday retreat, people from across the country visit it to witness snowfall and picturesque beauty of nature. A leisurely stroll through the Mall road will give you the much-needed relief from the stressed life in cities. Ideal for a weekend trip, Shimla is one place that you must take with your family to strengthen your bond and capture memorable moments.
- Places to see: Jakho temple, Mall road, Kalka-Shimla railway route, Jwala Devi temple, Christ church, Johnnie’s wax museum, Chadwick falls, Army heritage museum, Tara Devi temple.,
- Places to shop: Lakkad bazaar and Mall road.
Kashmir, Jammu and Kashmir
Kashmir- the Switzerland of India is indeed one of the favorite family holiday destinations. The valley is filled with places that can rejuvenate your soul, body and mind. Away from the chaos of the cities, Kashmir is a great place to bond with family and enjoy a stress-free life. You can literally feel magic in the air of Kashmir. Don’t forget to savor “kahwa” and “rogan josh” when visiting this breathtaking place. The “shikara” boat ride at Dal Lake is something that mustn’t be missed at any cost. To make your journey a memorable one, visit the place in winters when snow falls. You and your family will certainly fall in love with Kashmir.
- Places to see: Srinagar (Hazratbal, Dal Lake, Mughal gardens, Shankaracharya temple, Houseboats), Gulmarg, Sonmarg, and Pahalgam.
- Things to do: Sightseeing, Temple/Mosque visit, Skiing, Horse-riding, Paragliding, Golfing, Snow biking, Sledging etc.
- What to buy: Woolen shawls, wooden artifacts, showpieces and other souvenirs.
A noted hill station, Mahabaleshwar offers a perfect getaway from a busy life and to give some quality time to family. The mesmerizing sceneries have the power to soothe your mind, body and soul. Surrounded by numerous waterfalls and greenery, the place is a treat to the eyes for any nature lover. Here you can relish the fresh strawberries grown in the farms and buy many souvenirs to remember the trip. Kolhapuri footwear is a favorite among the shopaholics.
- Places to see: Chinaman’s falls, Dhobi waterfall, Lingmala falls, Arthur’s seat, Wilson point, Venna Lake, Mahabaleshwar temple, Panchgani, Velocity Entertainment Park.
- Places to shop: Imperial store, Town bazaar, Mapro garden, and Laxmi farms.
If you are very much into nature then Coorg is a place that will certainly not disappoint you. Also called “Scotland of India” Coorg is a land with the misty beautiful landscape where you can spend some memorable moments with your family. From bewitching waterfalls to majestic architecture, Coorg has the most awestrucking places which will make you feel rejuvenated. Here you can bask in the lap of nature, forget your worries and enjoy your time with loved ones. To get the most of the place, make sure to cover the spots listed below. Also, don’t forget to buy some authentic south Indian coffee from the plantations nearby.
- Places to see: Abbey falls, Namdroling monastery, Raja’s seat, Iruppu falls, Honnamana Kere Lake, Madikeri fort, Omkareshware temple, Honey valley, Somwarpet, etc.
- Things to do: Ayurvedic treatments, Trekking, Hiking, Sightseeing, Jungle safari, Bird watching.
- Places to shop: Kushal nagar market, Flea market, and Coorg jeweler shop.
A hill station known for its lush green tea plants and popularized by bollywood, Munnar is an amazing place to visit with family as you can witness the beauty of nature in its best form. One visit to this place will give you memories for a lifetime. The foggy climate and descending clouds give a remarkable view of the tea estates. A tour of the tea plantation is a sure thing to do when in Munnar. Don’t forget to relish the homemade chocolates on a family trip to this place.
- Places to see: Photo point, Echo point, Tata tea/ KDHP museum, Kundala dam and Lake, Chinnar wildlife sanctuary, Chinnakanal waterfalls, Lock heart gap, Matupetti dam etc.
- Things to do: Jeep safari, Sightseeing, Tea-plantation tour, Biking, Trekking.
- Places to shop: Kanan Devan Hills Plantation, Abbas & Co. Tea Merchants, Munnar market, Neelakurinji Chocolate Hub & Saree Centre.
Andaman Island, Andaman and Nicobar
Located in the Bay of Bengal, this island is a dream destination for all no matter whether you are with your family or with friends. The clean water at the beaches can easily spellbound you. There are plenty of options to enjoy your vacation. You can take a leisurely stroll amidst nature or bask in the sunlight or enjoy the water sports, the options are endless. Andaman is indeed a family oriented destination that must be visited for ultimate bliss. Away from the chaotic urban life, this place will make your stress disappear. Witnessing the phenomenon of bioluminescence is certainly a jaw-dropping experience you must not miss with your loved ones.
- Places to see: Cellular jail national museum, Radhanagar beach, Corbyn cove, Chidiya tapu, Ross and Neil Island, Rajiv Gandhi water sports complex, Havelock Island.
- Things to do: Sightseeing, Snorkeling, Scuba diving, Swimming, Sunbathing, Bird watching, Parasailing, Submarine ride, Dolphin watching.