Bora Bora is one of the exotic travel destinations in the world that witnesses clusters of tourists (covering solo travellers, couples and groups of people) round the year. While travelling to this extraordinary place can dig a big hole in your pockets, but with proper planning, you won’t have to go through the stress and the expensiveness of Bora Bora vacation. Often dubbed as a playground for rich and influential people, Bora Bora is the most romantic place on the planet and a dream destination to many.
Adorned with lavish resorts, private pools, volcanic peaks, sandy beaches, water with 50 shades of blue, rich vegetation and ample of water sports activities, this precious gem of an island (in French Polynesia) is the ultimate spot for relaxation. Once you travel to this magical island and see its surreal beauty with your own eyes, you won’t be the same again. Bora Bora vacation is bound to change your perspective on life. Which is why, we have compiled everything there is to know about Bora Bora before you plan your ultimate holiday.
How to Get to Bora Bora?
Getting to Bora Bora Island is not an uphill task. This tropical island is a part of society islands in French Polynesia located about 160 miles northwest of Tahiti and 2,600 miles south of Hawaii. Tahiti is the only spot where you can get to the island. Ringed by coral motus, a group of small islands, Bora Bora is a tiny island where only a few flights operate originating from Tahiti (usually four per day).
You can book a flight to Bora Bora from Papeete, located on the main island of Tahiti which only has one airport. You can also use miles and points to redeem discounts on hotel stay. The view of the sparkling blue lagoon from up in the air is something that cannot be described but only experienced. Several tour operators provide a good deal on Bora Bora vacation package. To get the best deal on Bora Bora vacation, research beforehand and avoid inconvenience.
Affordable Resorts to Enjoy Bora Bora Vacation
Bora Bora is an exotic destination that goes synonymous with luxury. This French Polynesian island has plenty of high-end resorts and luxury hotels that provide opulent stay (with all the modern amenities) leaving no stone unturned to give you the best experience of the island. But, on a good note, there are also affordable resorts catering to the needs of budget travelers. Here are some affordable hotels and resorts you can book for your Bora Bora holidays-
- Intercontinental Le Moana
- Sofitel Marara Beach
- Pearl Beach Resort
Things to Do On a Bora Bora Trip
Bora Bora is a really special place, so much special that it will cast a spell on you where you’d feel like being in a photoshopped world. With so much of activities and chilling spots, there is room for people coming to this heaven for all sorts of purpose be it- relaxation or to gain inspiration or to have a fun vacation.
- Island Hopping: When in Bora Bora, it is customary to explore small islands nearby. Every island has got its different appeal that you would love to spend some quality time there.
- Experience the Nightlife: The nightlife of this island is something out of the world. When the melodious music hits, your feet automatically start moving and you lose yourself in the fun-vibes Bora Bora. The island gets a new lease of life at night when bars and pubs are lit and the music in the background forces everyone to join the bandwagon and bask in the lively atmosphere.
- Discover Thrill With Adventure Activities: Loaded with water activities, like snorkeling, scuba diving, Jet Ski, hiking, boating, paddling, aqua safari, Kayaking and helicopter ride, Bora Bora is one place where boredom simply doesn’t exist. Every activity you get involved in will surprise you to the core. Even if you want to swim with sharks and bring out your adventurous side, you can do so safely in Bora Bora.
- Relish Tropical Drinks and Delicacies: Your vacation in Bora Bora is incomplete till you haven’t gorged upon the tropical delicacies of the island and drank a variety of mocktails and cocktails. Make sure to sip authentic Pina colada, Virgin Mary and other drinks on your trip to this postcard place.
- Sunbathe On The Pristine Beaches: Beaches in Bora Bora are untouched by commercialization and a perfect getaway from hectic life. The fragrance of tropical flowers and a light breeze will warm your heart. Here you can spend leisure time to rejuvenate yourself or take a simple stroll on the beach. Soaking up Vitamin D in Bora Bora is an absolute delight you cannot experience anywhere else!
- Try Out Soul-Soothing Spa and Massages: Your experience of Bora Bora gets twofold when you indulge in spa and therapeutic massages to revitalize yourself. The fragrance of exotic flowers, massage oils and scented candles is enough to soothe your mind. But, when the masseuse massages your body with the essential oils, then you feel the ultimate bliss. Every bone in your body gets recharged. Don’t hesitate to pamper yourself to the fullest when vacationing in Bora Bora.
Places worth seeing on Bora Bora Holidays
- Mount Otemanu: Mt. Otemanu is an ancient volcanic mountain that can be spotted from every nook and corner of the island. It is the most popular tourist spot where people go for a hike to capture untouched Bora Bora on their camera. The spellbinding view of shallow water, pristine beaches, lagoons, and palm trees from atop the mountain will make you fall in love once again.
- Coral Gardens: Snorkel your way to the coral gardens and catch fishes and other creatures of water in action. Don’t forget to take a picture or two of the colorful corals to remember the precious time spent on the island.
- Matira Beach: This gorgeous beach should not be missed under any circumstances. Water lovers can opt for water sports like snorkeling, boat paddling, Kayaking among others. Matira beach is considered one of the cleanest and most beautiful beaches in the world. The white grainy sand, turquoise water, and the rich flora of the beach will make you forget all the worries of the world. Feel free to take a dip in the crystal clear water of Matira beach.
- Lagoons: The blue lagoons of Bora Bora are something not to be missed when exploring the best of Bora Bora. There are plenty of activities you can participate in to burn some calories. To top it all, if you dare to feed shark and rays, you can do so only in this tropical island.
- Tahiti Pearl Market: You might be familiar with white pearls right? They look classy and elegant, but what if you can showoff black pearls? Yes! Black pearls are not a figment of imagination but they do exist in real world, more like in Tahiti. Tahiti pearl market is the place where you can shop souvenirs and postcards not to forget the famous black pearls.
- Paroisse Saint Pierre-Celestin Church: Visit the only church on the island located in Vaitape. Locals come here every Sunday for mass prayers. The church is a sight to behold during holidays.
Bora Bora is not your usual travel destination. Let’s be honest, it’s unlike any places you will ever visit and a little expensive too. Now the real question is it is worth travelling to Bora Bora? yes! It’s totally worth every dime and time of yours. If you are thinking of exploring this tiny island, make sure to get the best deals on everything so that you don’t miss out on anything. Have a happy time exploring this exotic island!