Life is an adventure or nothing else. This post is going to justify the same with loads of amazing affairs for the travel junkies out there! So better tighten your belts and let’s go on a journey which is on bucket list of all the bikers. The very well-known Manali to Leh-Ladakh trip. The zig zag territory gives you the mountainous region and snow capped range, the rugged land will shower the wilderness and feature beautiful yet dangerous roads. You need good driving skill to negotiate fast flowing winds. Know All You Need To Know About Leh & Ladakh Trip here!
Leh Ladakh Road Trip: An Unbelievable Drive In India.
Things to keep in Mind before you start for Leh & Ladakh Trip.
1. Here are all the things you need to know before travelling to Leh Ladakh.
2. First of all, this trip is Not for Fainthearted People. The climate goes on decreasing as you move ahead and so the amount of oxygen is less and the mountain sickness is happened to almost every traveller. One can avert it by taking long breath continuously.
3. First, Paper work is to be done for Ladakh trip including Vehicle Insurance, registration certificate. Some places may require special inner line permits, so it has to be taken in advance.
4. Take your leather jackets and woollen pullovers along with raincoats and warm gloves which will be helpful in Leh Ladakh weather.
5. Sleeping bag is must for any time camping benefit which is a must carry in Leh Ladakh Bike trip.
6. Keep a BSNL connection as the network of any other connection has very rare chance to communicate in such area.
7. Keep eatables which give energy like dry fruits or chocolates.
8. Make sure to take cash in your pocket or else encash at Manali or Kelong as no ATM service is provided further before you reach Leh.
9. Make sure the petrol tank is full starting off from Manali, another petrol filling station is after 530 kms at Tandi and then direct at Leh.
10. Take all your documents including ID which can be driving license or Aadhar card and attested photocopies of it.
11. Beware : You may feel nauseous or vomitish through the travel. Fatigue and swollen hands and feet are common as the body tends to adjust to the climate change which might lead to nose bleed. So, better carry all you medications along with proper health permit.
12. You can start the journey on Bike, Jeep and Bus and can also take Ladakh Tour Package. Whatever you choose will lead to a mesmerizing destination which is worth every risk and peril to pass through. Self ride gives you a confidence to go beyond and of course, it is more comfortable as you can stop and admire the views anytime.
You are Reading : All You Need To Know About Leh & Ladakh Trip!
When to Plan for Leh-Ladakh Trip.
1. The best time to Ladakh bike tour is June to September in summers and October to March during winters as leh and ladakh temperature at these time are perfect to go around.
2. It is a 2 day journey from bike which will get interesting by the time you start it for Leh Ladakh from Delhi or any other place. Make a trip for minimum 7 to 10 days at least to experience the best time. The more the better.
You might also like : Royal Enfield Himalayan Odyssey 2018.
Let us give you the Leh & Ladakh route Information.
Manali – Rohtang – Gramphu – Kokhsar – Keylong – Jispa – Darcha – Zingzingbar – Baralacha La – Bharatpur – Sarchu – Gata Loops – Nakee La – Lachulung La – Pang – Tanglang La – Gya – Upshi – Karu – Leh . i.e. Manali to Leh- 500km.
Keep Reading : All You Need To Know About Leh & Ladakh Trip!
Leh Ladakh Trip cost.
1. The cost of Leh Ladakh trip will depend on the vehicle you choose to travel on.
2. The Bike has a rental of Rs. 900/- per day which can be taken on rent for Bike tour and petrol cost will be around Rs. 7, 000/- to Leh Ladakh. The submission of Rs. 1, 000/- as security deposit.
3. If you opt to go through Leh Ladakh Trip packages, they will take care of your needs which differ from packages to packages.
4. Leh Ladakh stay will depend whether you want it to be budgeted hotel or a luxury one. The price range can be from Rs. 500/- to Rs. 2, 500/- per night.
5. The meals in Leh Ladakh tour will again depend on whether you want it a budgeted one or luxurious one. The total spend on meals will be Rs. 100/- top Rs.150/- to Rs. 400/- to Rs. 500/- per meal. The total cost for meal will be around Rs. 3, 000/- to Rs. 6, 000/-.
6. Miscellaneous expenses include Rs. 3, 000/-.
The enticing roads, wobbly bridges, the waving prayer flags and roaring engines entertain you and keep your excitement at premium level at Bike trip to Leh and Ladakh. Sometimes you see waterfalls just besides the passing mountain and you pass through the water, you will go off-roading and bikers groups can be seen chilling and passing by. You will encounter the desert storm and the sun to vanish over the desert horizon.
The grizzling valleys and stunning panoramas will bring you goosebumps and would prove to be a haven.
The beauty of nature and long roads keeps you intact and take shortcuts sometime as the roads are too curvy. Going in groups is also an exciting idea and sharing the sceneries will add more fun to the journey. Camping near the waterfalls or anywhere you just feel to stay is the best experience. Taking a halt and again start the ride, passing small villages and the breathtaking views take you a long way from home and you literally don’t feel homesick.
So much to see, much to experience and fun moments take its place all along at Leh and Ladakh trip. It’s a heaven for photographers and unexpected weather keeps you motivated. The perilous roads and unpredictable weather is a tough yet adventurous combination on the way to Lah and Ladakh. Take breaks and also watch Deepak Lake at Keylong which is an eye candy. Also, pass through the Gata Loops which is bone-breaking but adventurous and exciting at the same time.
The realization of moments will give you the feel of real trip. Now you will be reaching the destination. All You Need To Know About Leh & Ladakh Trip. What are the places to cover at Leh? Here are some leh and ladakh places to visit.
Continue Reading : All You Need To Know About Leh & Ladakh Trip!
1. Shanti Stupa.
Visit Shanti Stupa which gives a wide and open view of Leh. The place is a spiritual white dome which was built in 1991 as a part of Peace Pagoda mission which focus people of all races and creeds and search for the world peace. It holds artefacts of Buddha enshrined by the 14th Dalai Lama. The sunrise and sunset time are the most watchable views from the Stupa as it is opened from 5:00am to 9:00pm. The vantage point and the view of lights and gives wondrous show.
2. Zanskar Valley.
Zanskar Valley is another attraction which is a sub district of Kargil and is isolated part of Himalayan region. The landscape and mountains is the attraction, you can also catch sight of trekking, paragliding and water rafting spots. The steep terrains covers snow all over and it is least visited area as it is just 5 months opened and has poor road connectivity leads to sparsely population.
3. Namgyal Tsemo Gompa.
Namgyal Tsemo Gompa is a Buddhist monastery founded in 1430 by King Tashi Namgyal. It has a solid gold idol of Maitrieya Buddha. The monastery gives a panoramic view and has an impressive architectural built. At night, the place seems like a dream under the roof of stars, the lights shatter and give peaceful and calm thoughts.
4. Magnetic Hill.
Magnetic Hill as its name suggests has a unique force which pulls the vehicles uphill as if calling back to them. This is a unique yet surprising effect that comes handy to experience and to think about why it happens.
Continue Reading : All You Need To Know About Leh & Ladakh Trip!
5. Pangong Tso Lake.
The Azure lake is more famous from the 3 idiots film where Kareena Kapoor confesses her love. The lake offers extraordinary & stunning view and is an awesome site for camping.
Going to Kargil comes complimentary with the trip to Leh & Ladakh. It is the second largest town in Ladakh which leads to Zanskar & Srinagar. Adventurers can enjoy trekking & mountaineering at the place.
7. Nubra Valley.
Nubra Valley is tri-armed valley towards northeast. Sand dunes are experienced in the place and so for its two-humped camels.
After you reach Leh, you will realize that this is the best episode of your travelling series. You would want to come again to this picturesque destination and the more you come, more you will appreciate the astounding place. Just make sure you are safe & follow rules and let the mountains speak, the river roar and you be a good listener. Watch and absorb the thoughts, let your heart speak to you. Watch these captivating lights, calling you!