Golden triangle is a tourist circuit connecting three of the major tourist destinations in the country i.e. Delhi, Agra and Jaipur. The reason why this circuit is called the golden triangle is because of the imaginary triangular shape formed by these three cities on a map. Golden triangle in India is one of the most travelled routes toured by both by the locals and foreigners nationals.
What makes Golden triangle India tour popular is that you get to see the best creations of Mughals and Maharajas. From grand architecture to heart-stopping natural landscapes, Delhi, Agra and Jaipur tour can not only inspire you in many ways but also entice you and make you fall hard for them. If you haven’t seen these cities yet, then it’s high time to take a break and go on a one-of-a-kind vacation travelling back in time and exploring the best the golden triangle tour has to offer. Here’s everything you need to know about Golden triangle India tour, buckle up and get ready for insightful information on this unparalleled adventurous trip.
Where to Begin With?
You can start the tour by locking Delhi as your first destination. With tonnes of places to explore, Delhi will keep you occupied and don’t be shocked if you miss out visiting certain places. Exploring Delhi itself is a huge task. If you want to cover the best parts of the country’s capital, make sure to plan a proper itinerary and stick to it no matter what! Once you are done with Delhi, move to your next destination which is Agra. Research well on the places worth visiting in Agra and things you must do in the city of love. As soon as you finish exploring the city of Taj Mahal, hop on a train or a bus (or hire a cab) and land in the lap of Jaipur, Pink city of the country.
Best Time for Golden Triangle Circuit Tour
Since these cities demand a lot of walking, you can take the tour in April till October when the weather remains pleasant and the temperature is neither warm nor chilled (more like balanced). However, if you love cold weather, be prepared to bear the brunt of famous “Dilli Ki Sardi” in winters and experience a thrilling journey to these places.
Places to Cover
Travelling these cities without a proper plan can be an overwhelming experience which is likely to drain your energy. However, if you have got a stubborn heart, then jot down these places (must to cover under the Golden triangle India Tour) and cross them off as you travel along the route.
- Delhi: Red Fort, Akshardham Temple, Chandni Chowk, Lotus Temple, Humayun Tomb, Raj Ghat, India Gate, CP, Jama Masjid, Parliament House, Bangla Sahib Gurudwara.
- Agra: Taj Mahal, Agra Fort, Fatehpur Sikri, Kinari Bazaar, Tomb of Akbar, Moti Masjid, Tomb of Mariam-uz-Zamani.
- Jaipur: Hawa Mahal, City Palace, Amber Fort, Johri Bazaar, Bapu Bazaar, Nahargarh Fort, Jal Mahal, Jantar Mantar, Panna Meena Ka Kund.
- Taj Mahal remains closed on Fridays. If you don’t want to rush the tour, visit this iconic monument early in the morning. Evenings are the busiest time to capture this epitome of beauty.
- Carry bottles of sunscreen as the scorching heat of Jaipur in summers can burn your skin (not literally, tan your skin if not burn).
- Don’t miss out on the nightlife of Delhi and go to famous pubs and café’s to have a fun time.
- On Sunday and Monday, Parliament House is closed. Therefore, make your plans accordingly.
Ideal Duration of Golden Triangle Tour in India
Truth be told, there is no ideal duration to travel the Golden triangle circuit. It varies from person to person. Roughly speaking, you can easily travel to these places in a week. However, if you want to go with a snail pace, then feel free to add nearby destinations when you take on this journey. Delhi, Agra and Jaipur tour is loaded with places worth visiting once in a lifetime (the charm of these cities can make you forget all woes of life), so take some time off your work and bask in the electrifying soul of these splendid cities.
How to Plan Golden Triangle India Tour?
There are two ways to tour Delhi, Agra and Jaipur in a series. The easiest way to explore these places is by making your arrangements (which also spice things up as you get to figure out things on your own). The other way is to arrange for a tour operator offering golden triangle tour India packages suiting your budget and requirements. Make sure to check the registration of the travelling agency (trusted by government authorities or tourism department) you’re choosing as there are many fake ones that dupe tourists in the name of cheap travelling options.
Food to Try On Golden Triangle Itinerary
Golden Triangle tour is perfect for all the foodies out, if you are one, be ready to indulge in some of the mouthwatering dishes (including irresistible street food). Here are a few things to try during the trip-
- Delhi: North Indian Thali, Chandni Chowk’s Parantha, Momos, Biryani, Gol-Gappe,
- Agra: Petha, Mughlai Food, Parantha, Dalmonth, Shawarma, Bedai.
- Jaipur: Laal Maas, Gattey ki Sabzi, Dal Bati Churma, Rajasthani Thaali.
Extensions to Golden Triangle Tour
Golden Triangle India Tour can be extended to nearby places if you have got extra time left. You can easily stretch your holidays and explore these places while taking upon the journey of