Bangalore is one of the most fascinating cities in India where centuries-old era meets the modern one. Even though the city has not many iconic attractions as other cities in India, yet it has an intricate mix of history, architecture, religions, etc. Apart from being an IT hub, there are many things in Bangalore that compel people from over the world to take a thorough look at the city. Gone are the days where tourists would visit hilly regions for solitary retreat. Bangalore is a place where you get to enjoy all the aspects of life i.e. from the taste of luxury to the realm of spirituality. Let’s take a look at the attractions that make Bangalore a must-visit place in the country.
Parks: The place is swarmed with parks that are famous for their unique construction and have numerous exotic species of flora and fauna. Here are some parks that must not be ignored when you are in the city.
- Cubbon Park: This 300 acre of park captivates tourists because of its magnificent construction. The park is well-decorated with flowering trees that are trimmed into beautiful shapes. One can enjoy the calm surrounding of the park. Studded with rich and exotic species of fauna and flora, Cubbon Park is a sight to behold and indeed a major attraction of the city.
- Lal Bagh Botanical Garden: Lal Bagh is an internationally acclaimed for its grand botanical artwork and scientific study of plants. The garden was commissioned in 1760 by Haider Ali, the Sultan of Mysore and completed by his son Tipu Sultan. One can spot rare species of plant here which are certainly a treat to the eyes of a nature lover. Aside from that, it also has a Glasshouse where a flower show is organized annually. The presence of rare species of birds enhances the beauty of the garden. The place is compelling enough to be visited once in a lifetime.
- Bannerghatta National Park: This national park is literally a paradise for nature and wildlife lovers. Bannerghatta National Park has it all where adventure is concerned. A visit to this park is mandatory if you want to enjoy exciting activities like jungle safari, butterfly farm, zoo, outdoor camping, boating and much more. Flocked with a variety of fauna and flora, the place is undoubtedly nature’s retreat that keeps on attracting visitors.
Shopping and Entertainment: Bangalore is no less than the opulent cities in the world when it comes to shopping and entertainment. It has the malls that are home to international luxury brands. Packed with unlimited options for entertainment, here are the places that deserve a second look for sure.
- UB City Mall: Attracting the elites in the city, the mall is famous for being India’s first luxury mall. If you’re up for a luxurious shopping escapade, then paying a visit to the mall will certainly make your day. The mall houses several prominent beauty and luxury brands in the world such as- Rolex, Louis Vuitton, Estee Lauder, and Burberry among others. The place is a one-stop destination for all your fashion needs. The lavish experience of fine dining here will certainly add everlasting memories to your vacation.
- WonderLa Amusement Park: It is one of the largest amusement parks in the country with 50+ thrilling rides that can make your eyes pop out. The rides like Equinox, Recoil, Dropzone, Insanity Twister, Flash Tower, and Mixer are enough to pump up the adrenaline rush in you. A perfect place for family, friends, couples, WonderLa indeed is the best place in Bangalore where entertainment is concerned. If you want to experience the craziest side of the city, then WonderLa is the place you must visit.
- VV Puram Food Street: If you are a foodie who is very much into street food, then a visit to VV Puram is surely going to enhance your taste buds more than before. The mouth-watering street food served by local outlets is something that must be experienced when you are in the city. From scrumptious Pani Puris to sweetest Jalebis, here you can pamper yourself with a variety of food options.
- Snow City: One of the most visited places in the city is this indoor snow-themed park that is spread across an area of 12,500 sq. ft. The place is a haven for visitors who want to beat the heat with a freezing environment. It is an adventurous hangout place where one can indulge in many fun activities not to forget the exciting rides that are part of the complete package.
- Innovative Film City: The place is situated along the Bangalore -Mysore highway and is a magnificent marvel that must be seen once. The tour of the film city is a dream come true to cinema lovers. Not only this, the place has many other attractions like haunted mansion, Dino Park, and Kabali walkthrough that will keep you busy all day.
Religious Places: There are many sacred places in Bangalore for experiencing divinity and close interaction with god. Here are the popular religious places that are counted among the must-visit place in Bangalore.
- ISKCON Temple: Bangalore is home to one of the largest ISKCON temples in the world. The architecture of the temple is truly splendid and a sight worth seeing. Dedicated to Lord Krishna, the ardent devotes participates in many engaging activities such as songs and recitals. If you want to feel serenity then this place is something that must not be missed under any circumstances.
- Saint Mary’s Basilica: The oldest church in Bangalore, St. Mary’s Basilica is a holy place of worship that celebrates the faith of Christianity with selfless devotion. The gothic style architecture of the church lures tourists of all faith and religion.
Historical Places: If you haven’t visited these historic places in Bangalore, then you haven’t really seen the best city has to offer.
- Bangalore Palace: The regal Bangalore Palace is an architecture marvel that personifies royalty and rich culture. Built-in 1878, this majestic center of attraction is a delicate mix of Tudor and Scottish Gothic architecture. The palace hosts several grand weddings, parties, events and rock concerts. The intricate wooden carvings, Victorian and Edwardian style furniture are a delight to the eyes. Bangalore palace has hosted noted celebrities in the past such as Elton John, Akon, Backstreet Boys, and Metallica among others. It is now mostly used for conducting exhibitions and concerts. One visit to the palace will leave you with memories of the luxurious life of royals.
- Tipu Sultan’s Summer Palace: One of the amazing artistic wonders of the past, Tipu Sultan’s Summer Palace speaks of the glorious days of the ruler and the religious tolerance that has prevailed during his rule. This palace is a favorite place of historians who are intrigued by the life of Tipu Sultan. An exemplary model of Indo-Islamic architecture, the summer palace gives you a glimpse of the royal lifestyle of the ruler. The rustic walls, teak balconies, delicate wooden carving and regal stairways boast of the rich legacy left behind that must be seen once.
Natural wonders: The city has numerous natural wonders to see, but there are some that recharge your soul and bring freshness to your vacation. Two of the popular places to get lost in the tranquility of nature are-
- Nandi Hills: The hill station is situated almost 60 kms from Bangalore and is popular among the tourists for its breathtaking natural landscapes. The name “Nandi Hills” came from the Nandi temple situated at the top of the hill. If you want to get away from the crowd then this place will make you feel at home.
- Ulsoor Lake: Spread over an area nearly 50 hectares, this gigantic lake is known for lush greenery and captivating natural surroundings that leaves tourists amazed. Ulsoor Lake is a perfect place to sit back and enjoy a day amidst nature.