Everyone is gushing about India’s ‘Train 18’ or ‘T18’ Engineless Train which is made in India and cost around Rs.100 crore. The trial of the train began on 29th October 2018. Seems like India is going to enter a new era with this amazing invention soon. Integral Coach Factory is zealous to work on the new invention and the Train trails will be completed in December. Who wants to enjoy a good travel which seems extremely enthusiastic!
Facts and Images that will make you impatient to travel in India’s Engineless Train T18!
Engine-less Train Concept.
- T18 is self-propulsion without a separate locomotive designed and manufactured by Integral Coach Factory (ICF). The trials for Train 18 by RDSO are currently underway and the new air-conditioned engine-less train is expected to start plying by January 2019. The trials will be done in 3 phases.
- Engineers has brought a new concept of engine-less train meaning Electric motor in each wagon to make the acceleration faster. Here EMU meaning ‘Electric multiple units’ is introduced which provides flexibility having few switches to change direction of the train.
Keep Reading About India’s Engineless Train ‘T18’.
You might also like to Read : Top things to Take Care Before you Travel! The 6th One is Life Changing!
Train T18 Trials.
- First Trail – Bareilly-Moradabad section, Second Trail- Kota-Sawai Madhopur stretch and final Trial- New Delhi-Bhopal section via Agra. It will have 5-6 stoppages which will be able to achieve its aim for time cutting.
- Route– Built for a quick intra-day travel as Shatabdi Express, T18 has same routes like Delhi-Bhopal, Chennai-Bengaluru and Mumbai-Ahmedabad. It may also run on Varanasi route. Tell other routes to wait for the opportunity, it comes with time!
- It has crossed 180km per hour speed limit during trial run. With that speed, train 18 Goes Down In The Record Books As India’s Fastest At Present.
You are Reading About India’s Engineless Train ‘T18’.
Amenities for 1st Engine-less Train in India.
- Amenities-The sixteen-coach train has the latest amenities and it has 50% more power, equipped with a smart braking system consisting of regenerative and electro-pneumatic braking imported from Hungary.
- Special amenities include Two disabled-friendly toilets, space for baby care and Special pantry units.
- Rubber-on-rubber flooring, air conditioning. Too much for once! It’ll give you foreign experience.
T18 Fare Structure.
- The flexi-fare mechanism will not be applicable on the train. Though, Train 18 is likely to have a ‘Tejas Express’ like fare structure.
- T18 fares will be higher than Shatabdi fares on any given route. Want to reach faster? Pay more!
- Passengers will have an option for ‘Meal’ and ‘Non-Meal’ option.
Continue Reading for India’s Engineless Train ‘T18’.
More about T18.
- The cockpit is visible and passengers are allowed to take a look at the panel. Emergency switches are made available in each coach. Passengers are also allowed to talk to drivers, in any case of emergency.
- T18 has 16 coaches without an engine which cuts approximately 15% time as compared to our fastest running and favourite Shatabdi Express. Hurry? Catch Engine-less!
- The era changing train has CCTV cameras which have 2 executive compartments in middle, 52 seats in middle and 78 seats each in trailer coaches.
- Rotating seats in two of its executive class coaches, seems comforting! These seats are imported from Spain which can rotate 360 degrees, this will give the passenger the view of the scenery.
- Existing tracks are being improved which can be one issue in future and once this work is done, it would reduce the time travel.
- Diffused & energy-efficient LED lighting has been used, automatic doors and footsteps beside GPS-based passenger Information system. Makes us fanatical to even think about!
You are still Reading About India’s Engineless Train ‘T18’.
The more we get the news and updates about the engine-less train, the more we want to travel and experience the fascinating journey. The interiors makes us imagine as if in a foreign country with all the amenities. It has also set a record of the fastest train, also it seems like a bullet train. No wonder how much time would it save running at 180kmph. This is indeed a technological leap for India which has to be experienced first hand. Now, all everyone is waiting for it to run on tracks which proves to be a fulfilled and time saving invention!